Sunday, November 18, 2012

THE Carrot Cake Recipe

I was not a fan of carrot cake for years and it was actually not until this past Easter when I was visiting Cleveland that I fell in love with it. I was sent back to Chicago with most of the leftovers and I rationed it out so I could enjoy its deliciousness for as long as I possibly could. After that, I was determined to bake one just as amazing.

Luckily my mom loves carrot cake and so when it was her birthday back in July I did some research and found the ultimate carrot cake recipe courtesy of Ina Garten. It is possibly the best cake I have ever consumed and if you know me, you know I love desserts (or food in general) so that's saying quite a lot. This past Thursday was my Grammy's 80th birthday and so I knew that this cake would be perfect for such a big occasion. We met up in Malibu today to have brunch, open presents and eat the cake and of course the cake was a hit. Please bake this! All the steps and work that goes into it is definitely worth it.