Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LA's Best Chinese Dishes

Sam Woo BBQ's  Peking Duck 

For this R29 article, I only had to shoot 4 of the 10 Chinese dishes... which were scattered all around Los Angeles... Monterey Park, Van Nuys, Pasadena, and Chinatown. OY. But luckily the restaurant in Pasadena was a chain and they also had one in Canoga Park which isn't too far from Van Nuys and so I went there instead. I am not a huge Chinese food (or seafood) fan so I wasn't sure what to do with all the food after shooting it (since I paid for it, I got to eat/keep it) and so I took it all to-go and made my dad try all of it. I'll keep his opinions to myself. But I did try the duck from Sam Woo which was my first time ever trying duck and now I know why I never tried duck before. BUT I'm sure if I was a duck fan, I would have loved it. 

Foo Chow's Deep Fried Crispy Eel

Kam Hong Garden's Pork and Leek Pancake

Yang Chow's Slippery Shrimp
Click here to check the article out!